As we approach the weekend, dog owners everywhere rejoice just a bit. Rather than forcing ourselves out of a warm bed where our pup is ready and willing to snuggle, we can allow ourselves to remain in furball heaven for hours. This is followed by a leisurely day of playing, eating and sleeping – and not necessarily in that order.
With the love that we have for our dogs, it’s no wonder that there are so many products available now specifically designed to ensure your dog always has easy access to the cleanest drinking water possible.
At DiscountFilterStore.com, we’re big time advocates for keeping your dog as healthy and hydrated as possible. Fortunately, the same type of water filtration products that keep you and your two-legged family members hydrated with clean water are just as useful when caring for your dog.
Five water filtration products we recommend for dog owners appear below:
1. ZeroWater Pitcher – Any guess on why dogs seems so insistent on drinking toilet water? Many dogs would prefer filtered water free of chemicals commonly used to clean tap water, including chlorine, that can impact the taste and smell of water. This is just one of the reasons that a ZeroWater filtered water pitcher, like the one shown to the left is a perfect water filtration solution for dog owners.
This pitcher will remove virtually all chlorine and sediment that can lead to a finicky yet healthy dog turning up its nose at your tap water in favor of more questionable sources, while also reducing sediments and minerals that can compromise an older dog’s immune system. Better yet, this pitcher is great for humans, too!
2. Handheld Shower Filter System – Chlorine in shower water can cause a whole host of issues, from dry skin to split ends. This is why we recommend a good shower filter for nearly all of our human customers. But a good shower filter is just as important for your dog. After all, that chlorine can have just as itchy an impact on his or her skin and fur as it does on your skin and hair.
Of course, since most dogs seems to hate bath time – yet ironically love water – we would recommend the handheld shower filter, like the one pictured to the left, to make bath time a little bit more manageable.
3. Instapure Faucet Filter – Let’s move back into the kitchen. When it comes to the source of your dog’s drinking water, most critical is ensuring that what you are pouring is as clean as possible, whether this means pouring from a filtered water pitcher or pouring from your tap.
The Instapure faucet filter system pictured helps reduce up to 99% of more than a dozen contaminants, including chlorine, mercury, lead and more. Installing this faucet filter will help ensure that whether you are pouring a glass for yourself or a bowl for your furry friend, your drinking water will be virtually free of some of the more nasty contaminants.
4. Katadyn Personal Water Purifier Bottle – Mike Sagman at DogFoodAdvisor has a great post where he describes water as the most ‘neglected of all canine nutrients.’ Quite simply, drinking water must be provided for a dog on-demand, in large part because canines pass through much water through their system and lose so much moisture through the panting that is akin to a human sweating. Sagman also very rightly points out that tainted or contaminated water poses the very real risk of intestinal disease.
Some of the more challenging situations when it comes to keeping your dog hydrated with the cleanest water possible come when you’re on the road or in the great outdoors. For either situation, we would recommend hydrating your pal with the Katadyn water purifier bottle to the left. This bottle is currently the only EPA registered sports bottle with complete multi-stage anti-microbial protection that is designed to reduce more than 99% of bacteria and viruses.
5. DiscountFilterStore.com Funbottles – Here’s a secret about dogs. They like to chew. Here’s a secret about water bottles. Sometimes, quite frankly, they can be a bit of a pain to lug on short trips to the dog park or the beach.
Our funbottles are light and easy to bring just about anywhere after filling up with clean drinking water from your home. And at just about $3 per funbottle, your dog is free to destroy this bottle all he or she likes without breaking your bank!
What other water filtration products have you found useful for keeping your dog hydrated?
We encourage you to share via a comment below.
Are you a veteran, currently serving in the Armed Forces, or are you buying a gift for a veteran or soldier? Use the discount code ‘VETERAN’ at checkout to take 5% off your entire order!